OK, I have to say it… I don’t get it.
No doubts, the Apple watch is a very well crafted piece of metal, silicon and sapphire, the attention to details is amazing, just as expected from Apple and I’m sure that it feels great on the hand… but, BUT, and it’s a big but…
Who the hell needs it?!
I don’t consider myself as an example as I stopped wearing a watch 15 years ago or more…
But consider these 5 points:
1. A watch used to be something you buy for eternity. especially the ones that pride themselves for the design and details. Can you imagine how rotten this watch will feel in a year and a half when Tim, Jonny and their clan will reveal Apple Watch 2, “The best ever piece of technology ever produced”?
2. With all the glorified design, it’s plain ugly, overall… the details amazing, the overall design, not.
3. Who needs all that in a watch? You already have a little TV with in your pocket that can do everything you ever imagined and more… so making it smaller and on your wrist helps, what exactly?
4. Another battery to worry about… Just what I need.
5. What is more annoying than someone looking at the phone during a meeting? Correct… someone who constantly looks at the watch!
… and seriously… “DIgital Crown”?! pffff…. what a spin.